Jul 1, 2013

Feeling a little Nostalgic...



To all those that may not know; today is Canada's Day! I am reminiscing today, and remembering the Fireworks we would go and watch at Canada's Wonderland and the fireworks that would erupt throughout the city. The festivities, the kids events, the Red and White! Admittedly, I took all that for granted when I was there, but as the saying goes, you don't truly appreciate something unless you no longer have it. So as I sit here at my kitchen bar in my home in Riyadh, I will say it. I miss Toronto, I miss the green, I miss the air, I miss my Freedom. I miss it all- and if I sat here and made a list of all the things I missed, this would be a never ending post.

So I will just say Happy Canada's Day to all my fellow Canucks! Happy 146th Birthday oh Beautiful Canada, you are getting more beautiful as the years go on! I miss you! I shall see you next summer, but will spend time in the West Coast, and East Coast!


I took this pic on my last trip to my beautiful city Toronto, as I rode the ferry to Center Island.


8 comments:

  1. I lived in Toronto/Mississauga area for a year and I had the best time on Canada Day. We went to this little island on a boat and watched the fireworks. But I always get homesick on the 4th.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You lived in TOronto??? That is cool! That is Center island... I took the picture I posted as I was on the fairy headed there :) Miss it <3

      Delete
    2. Yea I could not remember what the island was called but it had a nude beach haha.

      Delete
    3. Haven't been to that section of the island.. lol... and why do I keep spelling Ferry FAIRY! I have been watching to many of Lujains tinkerbell movies :) How did you spend your day yesterday? Anything special for the holidays?

      Delete
  2. Lol i'm currently in Toronto and literally craving to leave this place. -_- haha. But maybe that's because i've lived here all my life never travelling anywhere besides the states.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol... you will never really know how awesome it is there till ur no longer there :P You will even miss the TTC :P

      Delete
  3. I'm from Toronto myself! Miss it too, this week I've been super homesick. I miss St. Lawrence Market and how clean it is back home. I miss taking walks in High Park! (I miss walks in general) I miss my mom and dad... *sigh* Happy Canada day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I miss it all too! When I last went for a visit, I was walking around, and just smelling the fresh air. I kept telling my brother how awesome it was to just be able to walk and take a deep breath with no one bothering you. He didn't get it. Till he visited me here in Riyadh. lol. The little things that make home, 'Home'. <3 Thank you dear!

      Delete

Please leave a Message.... Thanks :)

Powered by Blogger.

Follow by Email

A stroll down memory lane:

Search This Blog