Mar 6, 2012

Parenting Workshop in Riyadh

Source: http://cornerstonecommunitychurch.giving.officelive.com/images/parenting%20graphic.gif



Hey there,

I think many people can agree that many of us Parents can find ourselves in a rut often. Not knowing what to do, often resorting to trial and error with parenting techniques. I do it all the time, and think it can be the best way to parent, but there are those times where you do not want to go through trial and error on several issues. I for one wish I took Marriage and Parenting courses, respectively before I was married, and before I had kids. I remember how many times I would just sit there and cry in my first year as a mom. And that was to a baby! Imagine the things parents go through as the kids get older. I often look back at all the things my very own mother had to go through parenting me and my siblings. We were a total of 5, and for most of our years, she was a single parent, doing it all on her own. Anyway, to get to the point, my daughter came home from school with a paper, when I read it, I smiled, and said FINALLY! In big bold letters as if it was written in GOLD on top of this wonderful piece of paper, was written Parenting Workshop, something both my husband and I have said we need. So yes, it will be held here in Riyadh, at Faisaliyah compound, and the details are bellow...

The program will be run by  M.Ed. Hend El Tanamly. SHe holds a Masters in Education in Family Education from the University of Minnesota, USA, and has been taught by some of the worlds most renowned experts in parenting and family education. She holds regular talks at the British International School Riyadh and gives occasional seminars at the American International School Riyadh.

The program will be held at Faisaliyah Compound, off Khalid Bin Walid St Near the Damam Highway.

The Topics are

Raising your Unique Child 1 On Wednesday March 14th, 2012 from 8-10pm
Raising your Unique Child 2 on Wednesday March 28th, 2012 from 8-10pm
Building Relationships that Matter on Wednesday April 25th, 2012 from 8-10pm
Behavior Management on Wednesday May 9th, 2012 from 8-10pm
Media and Our Kids on Wednesday May 23rd, 2012 from 8-10pm

A single workshop costs 100 SAR for a single person or 150 for a couple
If you register for the entire worshop, you pay
400 SAR per erson, or 600 SAR per couple.

You can get further information and contact Hend Tanamly on either her email- hend.tanamly@hotmail.com or the Facebook page Can Parenting be Fun? (M.Ed. Hend El Tanamly)

NOTE: I get absolutely nothing from this, and only posted it here for any parents in Riyadh that might be interested.


2 comments:

  1. i would appreciate it if you keep posting about such events,ill miss this probably since i am not in the country,hopefully ill catch the future events.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No worries, I will post whatever I receive on this topic here enshallah. You can also join the facebook page that I added to the post.

      Delete

Please leave a Message.... Thanks :)

Powered by Blogger.

Follow by Email

A stroll down memory lane:

Search This Blog