Mar 12, 2012

I am luckier then I thought...

I have been doing a great job complaining about how things are her for me in Riyadh. But something dawned upon me.. I am LUCKIER then many of the other Saudi wives. They leave their entire families behind. Life here alone with their new family (husband and his family). If they want anyone from their family to visit, they must obtain visit visa's for them. Life for me may be hard, but it is harder for those ladies who came here with absolutely no one in their family or their lives to see here. I am lucky, I have my mothers entire family here. I have cousins who will pop in on me when they travel here from the Eastern Province.  If I need my mom, she can come and stay with me without limitations... she does not have to worry about a visit visa expiring, and can remain by my side for as long as I want. So though this post is a very short one... it is a reminder to myself that I should thank God everyday. I may not have people here in Riyadh with me, The familiar faces I grew up with may not be here, but I do have more access to my family members then most of the wives of Saudi's here.

Done.. now I need to go back and continue cleaning.. :)


Ciao


..

14 comments:

  1. You are very lucky indeed..:)I am a non saudi married to saudi man and have no family nearby. but life has been good Alhamdulillah....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It hit me when I was talking to a friend that had NO ONE here... It hit me.. that I do have it better off then other wives.. il7amdlilah. Which city do you live in?

      Delete
  2. mashaAllah, i had no idea your familiy was close by... are they working in the kingdom?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My mother is Saudi, so her entire family is here.. but they live in the Eastern Province (khobar/Dhahran area).. and I live in Riyadh.

      Delete
    2. I had no idea you were half Saudi sis.

      Delete
    3. oh mashaAllah that is really nice! I didn't know you were half Saudi either. :-)

      Delete
    4. lol... I could have sworn I mentioned it :)

      Delete
  3. Hello
    I am one of those who have no one here. I came to Riyadh on February 8 from London and although I thought I was mentally prepared I still crumbled in the face of the cultural shock.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am sorry about that, you are still very new here, and it will take time to get used to it (ok.. to get a little used to i :) ). Are you working here? Got married and moved here? If you would like, please feel free to email me @ Omlujain @ Gmail.com .

      Delete
    2. me too I have been here for 3 years alone :(

      Delete
  4. I totally agree ,, MIT is not the place, it's who you have in it ,, my family is in riyadh and that is where I grew up so all my close friends are there too ,, ppl still think I'm crazy when I say I miss it! But a piece of my heart will always be there! MashaAllah that's great for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anytime I start to feel bad or complain I think about these poor families living under a bridge in Indonesia haram I never saw anything like that they shared an old dirty mattress that was rained on and all.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a Message.... Thanks :)

Powered by Blogger.

Follow by Email

A stroll down memory lane:

Search This Blog