Jan 16, 2011

It's that time of the year again...

It is that time of the year again, the time I used to enjoy sooo much as a young girl, the time I would plan my birthday party, have my friends over, and enjoy a day where it was all about me, myself, and I.

As I have grown older wiser, what can I say, I somehow have begun to it dread (just a bit till I had my great epiphany). Not because I am aging, (I AM STILL YOUNG AT HEART :D), but because I am not where I thought I would be in life. I thought I would have gotten so much more; but as a friend reminded me, I never planned to be married with kids till I was older, and getting married at 24 (young for abroad, but kinda old for Saudi.. lol) wasn't exactly part of my plan, I may have not become a big shot running some work place, or a doctor, or an engineer, or , or, or....



..... I am not where I wanted to be n life, I am where I now WANT to be in life. I have a lovely family, an amazing husband, the sweetest daughter anyone can ask for, the dearest baby son, and a little athlete doing carthweels in me :)  This is what I want in life now, I am content, I am happy, and I am embracing my wiser self :)

And Happy Push day to the greatest mommy in the world, I haven't made your life easy, but just know that I will always love you, and I inspire to be what you were to me, a great mom, and an amazing person.



6 comments:

  1. Dear Om Lujain,

    happy birthday!!!! I wish you all the best, may Allah swt. bless you and your family and always let you enjoy your happiness <3

    Hugs & Love

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Om Lujain,
    Happy birthday! We're both capricorns I see :) and welcome to the big 30. we're aparently in the prime of our life now! So enjoy it :-) And it's so exciting being pregnant again (exciting also means tiring and uncomfortable and just as scary as the first two times) bas ur a pro at it now inshallah. Allah itamimlik ya rab ou isahil.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hala sweetie.. thank you soo much.. but I must say that I am 30 something.. lol.. I turned the big 3-0 2 years ago... which makes me 32 today.. (I shudder even mentioning the age.. lol.. I tell you I feel like a kid at heart!!!) Where did all the years go?

    As for the pregnancy excitement.... I am pretty much a pro at it now.. 3 pregnancies in 4 years il7amdlilah... I think I am on a role here.. lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy birthday! I wish you lots of happiness and all that you wish for!
    We're almost same age - my birthday will be in July...
    And I am also expecting a baby, my first one. 28 weeks along.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, if I had paid more attention I would have seen the "something" under the 30. I'm 31 but my immediate reaction to "how old are you?" is 28!! need to adjust lol.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a Message.... Thanks :)

Powered by Blogger.

Follow by Email

Search This Blog