Dec 6, 2010

Alf Mabrook ya Q8!

Picture Source: http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_JUfBbVlJk-s/TPw2nfIcB3I/AAAAAAAABmU/hKPDXoF9q18/s1600/alazraq_flyer2.jpg

Last nights final match for the Gulf Cup was between Saudi Arabia, and Kuwait. Although my allegiance was with Saudi, I still have a soft spot for Kuwait. After all it was the country I spent my teenage years in, and grew to love like my own. So, I would like to send a heartfelt CONGRATULATIONS to the people of Kuwait. It was a win well deserved. I remember the last time Kuwait won back in 1996, I was living in Kuwait, and enjoyed partying with the rest of the country, young and old, male and female; it was beautiful, it was amazing to see these very different people flood the streets with joy and happiness for one team, one country :) . I still have the cassette they gave away in the streets featuring Abdullah Rowaished singing 'Oooh Ya Kuwait' (that may not be the official name of the track). It was a beautiful time, and the memories are great. So alf Mabroook yal Azrag, Mabroook to the people of Kuwait, oo a win for you, is a win for us all :)



2 comments:

  1. Thanks! We are so happy its been too looooong and it was also a great game. Your team did so good too! I never thought we'd get that goal:)

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a Message.... Thanks :)

Powered by Blogger.

Follow by Email

Search This Blog