Nov 17, 2010

Excuse me.... Wee :)

Here is a short conversation I had with my daughter this morning;

Her: Mommy is Wee open?
Me: I am not sure dear
Her: Mommy it's closed!
Me: How do you know love?
Her: Daddy closed it!
Me: How do you know daddy closed it?
Her: He told Excuse me to close it!
Me: Do you want me to tell Excuse me to open it for you?
Her: Yes mom, I want to go to wee today.


Transalation of what my daughter REALLY means.. :) 

Wee: Malahi, al3ab,  play place they usually have at malls here. She started calling it this when she was a little over one, it was the first time she was on a slide, and whenever she went down, she would joyfully say, weeeee, and well from then on, anytime she is playing on anything, she calls them all wee, and I love it too much to correct her :D

Excuse me: Anyone who serves people, i.e, Waiters, store clerks, etc. As when I speak to them, I don't say the usual 'Mohammed' everyone here seems to name them, and I tend to say 'Excuse me', so my daughter has figured out that all their names are now.... Excuse me :D


I love the pure innocence of little children... sometimes I wish I could just freeze them at this age for a bit, as I am terribly dreading the teenage years (that for some reason now begins at 8 now!!!!)

ll

8 comments:

  1. Oh my God, I also would love to have frozen it. My daughter is almost 9 and when I speak to her in that way she did at her very young age, she says now to me: Hey mum its really uncool! ;-(
    Where is my baby????? And as for the teenage time it is really true, it starts too early these days!!!Unfortunatelly!
    The good thing my little nephew, almost 3 years is living in the same house so I can enjoy him in this way! So cute....

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol @ its really uncool! I dread hearing those words from my daughter in a few years.. lol.. and its nice to have young children around.. I find they make you smile in your saddest hour :)

    Take care dear.. and thanks for passing by <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Asalam Alaykum and Eid Mubarak habbebti that is so funny you know my son calls anyone who is not Arab Muhammad lol. Anytime we eat hes like yella Muhammad I hungy lol. Kids are so cute mashAllah and like you I LOVE baby talk <3 And yea I hear about the hadiga 10000000% times a day that's all he wants as well :p

    ReplyDelete
  4. Eid Mubarak!
    that is sooo cute how your daughter talks :)))
    I love how she figured the men must be called excuse mes lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it! Kids are so perceptive! Lucky you are polite or your daughter would have been calling them "hey you!" or "ya walad!" lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. Noor- We have got to love them.. the problem is.. they are gonna be all grown up soon, and the baby talk will be a thing of the past :'(

    Laylah... lol.. Thank you dear :) She has a whole list of words she has given certain meanings to.. lol.. I should share them.. :)

    Yamaamaa... ee wallah.. I have seen some kids say ya7maaar to their driver.. and I can just figure who they learnt that from! I would have my daughters mouth washed in soap if she did that.. Ok.. maybe not soap.. but you get the gist :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. mashallah allah y7fth'ha she is so smart allah ykhaleeeha lich..adorable:*

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a Message.... Thanks :)

Powered by Blogger.

Follow by Email

A stroll down memory lane:

Search This Blog