Jul 6, 2010

Modestly dressed Mannequins...

Qati Nafsak Ya Mannequin! :)

While at the mall yesterday I saw something that made me go, OMG, are you for real?!?! While in the Gap, I was browsing around and I noticed 2 of the Philipino sales men talking n Philipino, I am still not really sure how I understood, but he said something about a shawl and the Mutawa, and I put the two together and figured out they were talking about covering the mannequins with a shawl so the Mutawa's would not get at them. I really could not believe t, I mean how aroused can one get by a headless mannequin to need to have her covered up with a shawl? The mannequin already had a cute sundress on, and the salesmen told me that they were not allowed to keep it like that and that they had to cover them with either a jacket or a shawl so that they would not get in trouble by the religious police. I mean come on, is the job so boring that one must now dictate what a headless mannequin wears?  I really think they should put there time to better use!

I really have nothing else to add, it was shocking to me, and I wish I took a pic of the headless mannequins up on display.. next time!

I have added a picture I found online of headless mannequins in Sharjah

 Picture Source: http://gulfnews.com/polopoly_fs/18-ae-mannequin-gn-5-jpg-1.81955!image/1998259647._gen/derivatives/box_475/1998259647.

I am off to bake cupcakes for my baby girls last day at summer camp... ciao :)




5 comments:

  1. Wow that's totally over the top! By the way, I couldn't comment on your last post but congratulations. 5kg is a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a little too much! Seriously, the things people do ...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Asalam Alaykum, LOL yea you know those mannequins may attract no telling what the Saudi men might do to them :p lol.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Seriously the muttawa needs to focus on real issues for a change..like why are men selling women bras and even taking the bra to her chest and examining if it fits??yuck.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a Message.... Thanks :)

Powered by Blogger.

Follow by Email

A stroll down memory lane:

Search This Blog