Apr 14, 2010

Coffee Talk... and an Epiphany,,,

A few days ago I went for coffee with a fellow Saudi Blogger SaudiWoman. She was a sweet and wonderful company. She kept my baby girl busy with crayons and paper, and drew things for her, making her a HUGE hit with my baby girl.. :)



We asked one another lots of questions (it was the first time we met). One question she asked me stuck with me; she asked me what I studied, and I told her I have a BA with a double Major in Political Science and Sociology, she looked awed and pleasantly surprised and quickly asked me with such an educational background why I wasn't blogging about things other then my day to day life. Why I was not discussing more pressing topics. And to be perfectly honest I really didn't know how to answer. I know I gave some rambling nonsense answer, but it wasn't a real answer. But as I sat here for the next couple of days, I realised something, I have been sitting here talking about how I had lost myself in the years I have been here, and that I was losing a bit of myself as the days passed. I was constantly blaming outside forces for my lack of thought, my lack of actual 'thinking'. When I came here I was a very vocal person, who had something to say about everything. As the months turned into years I slowly withdrew from what I knew, and left myself in a cocoon far away from world issues; the reason being that I felt since I could do nothing to solve the problems around us, it was just ;leaving me depressed, so I started to ignore the news and tune into movies and tv shows (I have watched more movies and tv shows in my 6 years here then the rest of my life combined). To be perfectly honest, only I am to blame for what I have become, I can not blame Saudi or Saudi society for my lack (or loss of intelect), because if there is truly anything everywhere in Saudi, it is news, it is discussions on pressing topics, from International affairs, to local affairs, from womena rights, to childrens rights and everything in between. I won't promise to start discussing politics on my blog, but I hope to go back to keeping in touch with the world around me, to building my knowledge rather then slowly allowing it to slowly fade away. I am here to stay enshallah. This country is where my family is, and enshallah where my future shall remain.I have finally come to the conclusion that this is Home, and I shall start to truly live.

Thank you!



The World is at my Fingertips...

2 comments:

  1. FYI. Woman can drive at Granada mall dodgems. Was up there the other day and thought of you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. MBT will not only change,MBT boots, the way you use your musclesMTB Shoes,What are the benefits?christian dior, Free shipping and free return shippingdior shoes, on all dior. Included with each pair of isdior handbags, an instructional DVD. What is Dior?dior sunglasses,look at another good paoduct such as Dior totesDo not worry. The urge to buy these goods will be very strong once you spot the shoes or clothes that you likenew balance,revolutionary fitness aid from Swiss Masai,new balance shoes, which may help reduce cellulite andnew balance outlet,transforms flat hard artificial surfaces into natural uneven surfaces thePuma Shoes, with top quality and cheap price. puma outlet, innovative sole design includes thePuma Sneaker,Here you can buy wide rangewholesale cl high heel sandals,quality and cheap car GPS navigation systemsMoncler,Very Cool, Comfortable and lightmoncler jackets original packing you can rest assured.moncler coats,You might say that thediscount moncler vestNo one ever thought bothmoncler outlet,As with everything that comes fmonmoncler t-shirtThe new store has been decorated.No matter what product you purchase from us north faceWe are offering you a wide range ofnorth face outletquestion,Some color combinations seem to never get old northfaceBut within the same community north face jacketsbecause it features just the right amount of north face coats,A little of these are given below.ugg bootswas a very well-known French fashionable boot,cheap ugg boots,because of the wisdom of brilliant featuresdiscount ugg boots,which you are buying is unique and original classic ugg boots,When possible, they obtain materials from domestic suppliers ugg classic tall boots,A stroll around the park with the GHD IV Salon Styler

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a Message.... Thanks :)

Powered by Blogger.

Follow by Email

Search This Blog