Rants There are renovations being done here. The exterior of the house is being completely redone, meaning I had to endure days of Paint removal (They did it with a torch!!!) Then now I have do endure the banging to make the wall all even in order to get it ready for the new walls. So for the last 4 days I have been woken up at 6 freakin AM with banging. Why are they concentrating on the walls around my direct bedroom.. I mean come on.. the home is bloody HUGE start with another section already!!! So it's safe to say that I have been going nuts... I had a huge breakdown this morning, where I cried, and started throwing things on the wall.. :D I cursed the workers as well (May Allah NOT accept those curses, they were made at a very bad time when I was ready to kill them with my bare hands!!!) Anyway, if they do wake me up at 6am 2morrow morning, I should not be blamed for what I do!
On a different note, I made this thing called Jubiniya for the first time... I didn't get them to look perfect just yet, but they tasted good enough :)
1/2 glass of cheese (You can use any of those creamy cheeses they sell in cans, I believe I used the PUK or mara3i one)
1/2 Gahwa (Arabian coffee) cup which I think would be about 2 tablespoons or so
1 tbs of yeast
a tsp of vanillaDirections
- Mix the above ingredients and leave it for an hour.
- Add flour, I think it ended up being about 3/4 cup of flour,. You add it a little at a time, you don't want the mixture to be hard, you want it to be soft, and a little sticky.
- Roll out the mixture, and cut into whatever shapes you want.
- Heat oil up, and put the shapes in, be sure to cover them with oil as well by splashing over it with the hot oil with a spoon, so that if gets puffs out.
- Let it turn golden brown, and take it out and place on paper towels to absorb the oil.
- When done you cover them with the sugar mix (heat up sugar, water, a LITTLE lemon, and a tsp of vanilla till it looks like syrup)