May 18, 2009

Don’t use religion to justify abuse!

Don’t use religion to justify abuse! Its great to see that things are moving forward, and that the issue of abuse is being discussed. As the article states, many do not know their rights here in the Kingdom, and many use Religion to give a green light to the abuse the endure on their families. I hope that awareness is brought to the common people, and that they learn that abuse is simply not acceptable. I just wanted to add this article in light to the previous post I made on the slapping issue. I think that comment took over the entire dialogue, and drew attention from where it was needed.

1 comment:

  1. Hey, great blog! I think we really need to focus on the issue of religion being used to justify all sorts of horrible things, from honour killings to domestic abuse.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a Message.... Thanks :)

Powered by Blogger.

Follow by Email

A stroll down memory lane:

Search This Blog