Feb 2, 2009

Appreciation...

I have been spending much of my time being negative as of late. And I wanted to remind myself of things that I am grateful for... The positive things in my life. As everyone knows not everything is negative...so here is what I can think of


  • I am grateful to the wonder family I was born into. They are amazing, and are truly the best. They are there for me when I need them.. and we are united as one. Nobody on the outside can ever come between any of us (many have tried). United we stand.. il7amdlilah.
  • I am grateful to the wonderful Daughter Allah has given me, and to a loving husband. He stood by me through many things that have gone on in my life... has stood up for me against his family, and stood his ground. He tries his best to make me happy, he really does. But he also has his duties to his father, which I admire, but I always question why the rest of his siblings haven't stuck around. (lemme just stop there.. or else I am gonna go all negative again.. lol)
  • I am immensely grateful for ALLAH (SWT), and the religion I was born into. I am not the most religious person around, i can do better with myself (for starters I pray that I start wearing hijab enshllah). But I always wake up with the feeling that I am proud of what I am. I have no doubts about my religion, and love it. Of Course I may have problems with how some people may chose to follow it, but I truly am grateful to my beautiful religion- Islam.
  • I am grateful for my health, I have had many scares, but over all in general I can say il7amdlilah for my health.
  • I am grateful for the chances I was given in life, my education, my upbringing, my travels so that I can see the world beyond.
  • I am grateful to have been able to experience many interesting things in my life, that have made me ME :)

I have to stop here as my little girl is not letting me finish my post..as she is kinda ill (Allah yshfeeha). so lemme go tend to my motherly duties.. lol..

Ciao for now!



4 comments:

  1. wonderful expression of thoughts sister

    i like the way you address yourself :)

    pls take care of little daughter - she is god given gift - till she gets thinking power, almighty is visible in her

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you very much for the sweet comment.. it was much appreciated! And thank you for passing by my blog.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, my name is Jeremy. I'm a student at a the University of Vermont in the United States. I am currently taking a class on Gender in the Middle East. As I was looking through several different blogs, your post "appreciation" on what you are most grateful for intrigued me. The sense of family values you portray in the blog is very strong. I have four brothers, and all of us are extremely close to one another emotionally. I notice here in the United States, family values do not seem as important as it is in the Middle East and as you have described in your post. My family seems to be one of the few who still eats dinner together every single night as a family tradition and necessity to my father. I was wondering if it is as important in your family or others you know in Saudi Arabia to eat together with your family during meals. I look forward to hearing back from you.

    -Jeremy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Jeremy, I know this is late, but I JUST noticed your msg. It is actually important to eat together, but we haven't been able to do it as much as before. Growing up we used to have our meals together, whether it be sitting at the table, or in the living room. it was a time to get together and chit chat about things that are happening in our daily lives. I miss those days.. :) I hope that once my husband and I are settled into our own place, we go back to eating together once more, as I truly feel it keeps the family bond, a bond truly important.

    Thank you for passing by!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a Message.... Thanks :)