- Mix the above ingredients and leave it for an hour.
- Add flour, I think it ended up being about 3/4 cup of flour,. You add it a little at a time, you don't want the mixture to be hard, you want it to be soft, and a little sticky.
- Roll out the mixture, and cut into whatever shapes you want.
- Heat oil up, and put the shapes in, be sure to cover them with oil as well by splashing over it with the hot oil with a spoon, so that if gets puffs out.
- Let it turn golden brown, and take it out and place on paper towels to absorb the oil.
- When done you cover them with the sugar mix (heat up sugar, water, a LITTLE lemon, and a tsp of vanilla till it looks like syrup)
I USED to love this when I was a kid... I still think the cartoon was wayyyy better then the real live one... ahhh.. nostalgia!!!
This is Pinnocchio- by The Accolade ... Wanted to share this all Female Saudi band that reigns from Jeddah. Enjoy!
I have been seriously craving Ketchup chips! The real kind I used to indulge in back home. Not the crap they sell here :( My sister nearly brought it to me, but forgot it in the bloody taxi in Abu Dhabi... so yes.. I am seriously disappointed :( I tried to order it online... and Aramex supposedly doesn't ship food.. so I am disappointed!Source: http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3187/2777094918_bbdeaba53c.jpg?v=0 I have been craving for some good old Popsicles.. but have yet to find one that actually tastes decent.. my poor husband went to the supermarket and got me every type he could find.. and none of them were right! ( Imagine me tasting it, and throwing it in the sink to melt!) Source- http://summamamas.stblogs.org/archives/popsicles.jpg Just this morning I woke up wanting a good old funnel cake.. the kind I used to eat at Canada's wonderland.... ooo what I would do for just a bit! Source: http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1105/667711224_0ad72f9201.jpg?v=0 My last pregnancy was nothing like this... I had no cravings.. (no real ones)... but this pregnancy.. I my mouth has been wanting specific things.. the sad thing is... its craving foods I don't have here.. lol The joys of pregnancy! Maybe I should travel back to Toronto just for my cravings..
- I am grateful to the wonder family I was born into. They are amazing, and are truly the best. They are there for me when I need them.. and we are united as one. Nobody on the outside can ever come between any of us (many have tried). United we stand.. il7amdlilah.
- I am grateful to the wonderful Daughter Allah has given me, and to a loving husband. He stood by me through many things that have gone on in my life... has stood up for me against his family, and stood his ground. He tries his best to make me happy, he really does. But he also has his duties to his father, which I admire,
but I always question why the rest of his siblings haven't stuck around. (lemme just stop there.. or else I am gonna go all negative again.. lol)
- I am immensely grateful for ALLAH (SWT), and the religion I was born into. I am not the most religious person around, i can do better with myself (for starters I pray that I start wearing hijab enshllah). But I always wake up with the feeling that I am proud of what I am. I have no doubts about my religion, and love it. Of Course I may have problems with how some people may chose to follow it, but I truly am grateful to my beautiful religion- Islam.
- I am grateful for my health, I have had many scares, but over all in general I can say il7amdlilah for my health.
- I am grateful for the chances I was given in life, my education, my upbringing, my travels so that I can see the world beyond.
- I am grateful to have been able to experience many interesting things in my life, that have made me ME :)
I have to stop here as my little girl is not letting me finish my post..as she is kinda ill (Allah yshfeeha). so lemme go tend to my motherly duties.. lol..
Ciao for now!