Jun 27, 2008

Why can't men just say "Sorry?"

After all my ranting yesterday, I fed my sweetheart, changed her, and then started doing my own hair (Thank God for the Ceramic Hair Iron!!!). As I was doing my hair, my husband calls me and asks me quickly, would you rather a pair of 'CHANEL, PRADA or Dolce and Gabbana eye glasses. I was still kind of annoyed and was thinking of just ignoring his question, "LOL" but the fashionista in me was screaming NOT THE PRADA'S.. lol.. So I calmly said, The Chanels or the Dolces... and then I went on, I want a smaller frame, most of the eyeglass frames I already have are rather large, and it really doesn't suit my face (But style took all the reasoning out of my head.. lol!). Then he tells me to get ready as we would be going to the mall. I was about to say no, but I shut myself up, and said I would be ready in 40 minutes. An hour later, we were trying to get a good parking spot at Faisailiya, and once we got one, we got the stroller, baby bag, and my sweetheart out of the car and headed into the mall. First stop was the 3baya shop 'First Choice', I walked in, and was saddened that my regular sales assistant was not anywhere in site :( I asked about him, and was told he went home to get married (May Allah give him a blessed marriage). After looking around, and checking out all the new styles of 3bayas out there, I finally chose one. The guy gave me a starting price of 1,800. I said NO FREAKEN WAY! I would not pay that much for a 3baya... no way Jose! Anyway after much bargaining, I got him down to 1200 SAR. (Yes 3baya prices here are quite high) ---- I was in Bureimi Oman last week, and could have gotten the same 3baya for 300 Dirhams... soo note to self, next time i travel to al ain, I will be sure to go across the border and make myself several 3bayas enshallah!!!!----- OK to go on, by the time I was done with my 3baya, it was Prayer time, and I wanted to check out Harvey Nichols and see if there were any shoes there that made me smile (BTW... 30-50% sale is going on throughout the store).... I picked up a pair of sandals, and my husband looked at me and said.. I will not pay 500SAR (Sale price) for a pair of sandals made in Indonesia.. lol sooo no shoes today! We were a bit hungry so we went to the restaurant and had a quick bite to eat (the service there was much better the last time around!) After we finished, we ran into baby GAP to find my daughter some pyjamas before the next prayer time came upon us. I got her a cute little pyjama set and a tank top with a pair of perfect summer pant/shorts to match her cute white sunglasses.. now I need to find her a white sunhat!!!!... Anyhoo.. finished with all that, and left the mall after checking out a few more random shops. It was a nice outing... and didn't but as much as I expected to. While out driving, I called up one of my good friends (she has these two adorable twin baby boys).. I swung by her place quickly to check up on her as I have not seen her in MONTHS!!! After getting home, and praying (May God forgive me for my late prayers), I gave my sweety a bath, fed her a little... and as always she rocked ME to sleep... lol.... I love her... and at the end of the day... i love my hubby, I just wish he was capable of actually saying sorry instead of trying to hmmm... can i say buy my forgiveness? :(

6 comments:

  1. For some men it is hard to say "sorry" but for others it is perfectly OK to say it. I guess it just depends on the guy. Maybe you could tell your husband that if he says sorry to you it would mean much much more than buying you anything period? And see what he does......(ps....I would still have him buy me stuff too!!LOL);)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ee wallah.. let the gifts keep on coming :D I have actually point blank said to him 'Honey why can't you just say sorry?" and he gives me this look, and is like.. sorry for what.. lol.. Denies there is even a reason to appologise for... hmmm.... I will have to keep working on him... Rome wasn't built in a day afterall.. lol...

    Great having u here... pls come again.. take care hon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Manal is my wife. She is Saudi as well. I guess it is a cultural thing to a certain extent.

    I am an American guy and I tell my wife sorry all of the time. When she gets mad she doesnt hesitate to show me. When I am in the wrong I tell her and try to find out what I can to to make it right.

    Marriage should be a partnership, husband and wife should be friends. That is the way that the Prophet lived, too bad that the culture in places like Saudi doesnt have the same expectations.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Manal.. Lucky girl.. I should have married an American.. lol.. *Lets hope hubby doesn't see this.

    I guess it could be a culture thing... or maybe just a personality trait that truly sucks!

    Marriage should be a partnership, AS they say behind every great man is a great woman.. I just wish they understood that here :)

    Thank you for visiting...

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are funny. When we got married one of my wife's friends, A Saudi with a Yemeni background told my wife "we need more men like Malik".

    I think if not for the cultural/religious issues more Saudi women would marry Western converts. At my blog I have had many Saudi females contact me asking me how to meet Americans, how to get their families to accept an American, how to get the Saudi government to recognise the marriage.

    Saudi/Arab men need to realise that their wives are not just people to take care of the house and have children, they should be their best friends.

    If not, their women will start looking elsewhere for marriage.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for your comments Abu Sinan... but I must say that although there are many... and I mean MANY cultural issues that gear these men to act in the way they do. I will have to say that not all are of the same cloth il7amdlilah.

    I still believe that ones personality, is what makes them what they are, 'insensitive to the feeling of their woman'. But I know that this can occur in all nations, as there are men that take their wives for granted all over the globe. I just wish more people would understand that woman should be seen as partners in this life. as the old saying goes... you can't clap with one hand'. Il7amdlilah.. although my hubby is not very good at saying sorry, he is very caring, and does treat me as an equal (he himself lived in Cali during his youth.. not sure if this can be the reason.. his mom is also non Saudi).

    Anyways... I have gone off topic, But I truly believe that men and woman) should take seminars prior to getting married, to learn how to deal with one another in the best possible way. To learn that this marriage you are entering is a life long (in many cases) partnership, that needs to be well cared for and well nurtured every step of the way.

    Thanks for passing by...

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a Message.... Thanks :)

Powered by Blogger.

Follow by Email

Search This Blog