May 4, 2008

Turkey Meatloaf

I was sitting at home watching TV, after finishing supper- I made some chicken breast and vegetables with sauce dipped on the side with some toasted bread...'Quaker' Soup (My hubby requested it) and a simple green salad with Olive Oil Dressing. I also made my DD (Dear Daughter) some boiled potatoes, carrots, and chicken breast with some of mommy's special spices and Pureed of course.. (she loved it)... OK Lemme start again... lol I was sitting at home watching Oprah on MBC4, after having supper and putting my DD to sleep. Today's episode had Billy Joel and his wife on. Anyway, she made an interesting and I must say EASY looking meatloaf. I am gonna attempt to make it sometime this week enshallah.. I hope hubby likes it :D I am going to leave the recipe here for anyone out there that may be interested in making it.... Ciao for now! XOXO Turkey Meatloaf Recipe created by celebrity chef Katie Lee Joel. Portions: 6 Serving size: 2 slices Ingredients 1 tablespoon olive oil 1 medium onion 1/4 cup red bell pepper, diced 1 teaspoon dried thyme (or 1 tablespoon fresh thyme) 1 bay leaf 1-1/2 pounds ground turkey breast 1/3 cup bread crumbs 2 eggs slightly beaten 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce 1/4 cup low-sodium ketchup Preparation Preheat oven to 325° F. Heat olive oil in medium-sized skillet over medium heat. Add onions and bell peppers and sauté for 2 to 3 minutes. Add thyme and bay leaf. Sauté until onions are translucent, about 6 to 7 minutes. Remove bay leaf, then set aside onion mixture and let cool to room temperature. In a medium bowl, mix turkey, bread crumbs, eggs Worcestershire sauce and onion mixture until well blended. Put turkey mixture into a loaf pan. Top with ketchup. Bake for 1 to 1-1/2 hours or until the meatloaf reaches 160° F. Nutrients per serving Calories: 252 Protein: 23 g Carbohydrate: 9 g Fat: 13 g Cholesterol: 160 mg Sodium: 232 mg Potassium: 428 mg Phosphorus: 232 mg

0 Ramble(s):

Powered by Blogger.

Follow by Email

A stroll down memory lane:

Search This Blog